Toxins Polluting the Air Quality
Indoor Air Quality Testing in Toronto, ON
The air you breathe inside your office or work space should not make you sick. However you might be surprised to know more about the real culprits posing a threat to the indoor air quality; it can be ranging from the unsuspicious odor of cooked food to the hazardous radioactive radon seeping in from foundations which can hamper your health.
Here are a few threats to the Indoor air quality...
- Allergens created by poor circulation (cat, cockroach, dog, dust mite, mouse, rat, pollen)
- Carbon dioxide (CO2) and carbon monoxide (CO) buildup from incorrect venting of equipment
- Airborne spores and bacteria from mold (viable and non-viable)
- Volatile organic compounds or VOC's which are emitted as gases from certain solids or liquids from building materials
- Chemical fumes from cleaning products and other chemical pollutants
- Off gassing from old asbestos installations
- Particulates – which are atmospheric particulate matter
- Radon –the invisible, radioactive atomic gas that results from the radioactive decay of radium.
- Gases seeping in from foundations
- Cigarette and tobacco smoke
- Animal hair and dander from pets
- Dust mites
- Plant pollen
- Combustion gases
Other outdoor air pollutants also cause added toxic load on the indoor air quality.